Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why so many struggles, Lord?


Heavy


Have you noticed?
People are super abundantly weighed down by hassles & difficulties lately!

This is not the typical daily struggles of living. . .this is an assault.
I'm seeing one thing after another...and another...and another...and another piling on.

~ "Hopeless" scenarios in job stress, income loss, stale sales, health battles, relationship tears, churches in distress.
~ Normal is disrupted by volcanic ash, oil spills, tornadoes, flooding and national deficits.

I hear folks battling heavy thoughts of fear, inadequacy, shame, blame and rage.
Discouragement & hopelessness are nipping at the heels of God's people.


I've sought God to grasp the truth in all of this. . . I think He has given me a glimpse.
I am urged to speak it.


~ Darker Darkness ~
I sense the world is growing darker .
One friend said she feels like the Holy Spirit has been pulled back a bit.
A shift has happened.

The Lord has allowed some of that darkness to invade His people's lives. Why?

#1. Faith crunching.
I believe God is coaching His people into a deeper level of knowing Him -- trusting Him ...strengthening muscles of faith. hope. love. perseverance. abiding.

ABIDING.

He is revealing Himself to us more deeply.
He is drawing us out of our weakness and into His strength.
He is demanding our attention.
For our own sake.

Americans in particular don't know much about suffering. Life tends to be relatively easy here.
God is fine tuning our ears to hear Him. To trust. To obey.
Something is coming that makes this an act of severe mercy.


#2. Come.
I am beginning to understand that the world who does not know our God will see who He is through the way His people navigate through these struggles.

AND they will see Him in the way the Body of Christ is there for each other -- and for them -- listening, being kind & respectful, trusting God, praising Him, sacrificially ministering His grace and truth to one another.

People will ask,
How can you remain optimistic? peaceful? kind-hearted? patient? generous?


Abide.





2 comments:

  1. These words are for me. I'm listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Pam :) My mom (Luanne P) sent me a link to your blog thinking I may be encouraged- which I am! Our life has been crazy lately!

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete