Thursday, May 27, 2010

Radical Children


A few months ago,
I believe the Lord brought a brief, but very strong awareness to my mind.
It was unbidden and something of a surprise.


During our snowed in New Years Day, I was relaxing at home working on a jigsaw puzzle. Dave was watching one of those Asian movies about a little boy who was born to be the saving Kung-fu force of a nation in peril. [Not my kind of movie, actually.]


Strong thoughts came to my mind:
~ This generation of young people will be called to intense and even dangerous action for the sake of the Kingdom.
~ Our children will be fierce and faithful warriors.


I believe God will be giving gifts of prophecy and words of knowledge to young people.
Parents will be challenged to fully entrust their children into God's hands.
They must not hinder them.


I have heard prophecies that God is going to use unexpected sources, like children and prisoners, to have great impact for the sake of the Kingdom of God.

God will be working through non typical sources of wisdom.

I believe this is part of our journey into deepening faith, and being able to discern the voice of God. Many people will be led astray by "typical" sources of wisdom. People who claim to speak God's words, but are not.

If you find yourself uneasy in a "Christian milieu," seek God. His Spirit in you may be urging you into discernment. Discernment is not critical in nature; put on compassion and choose to walk in the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, kindness, self-control.


Again, I have no idea when this time for radical children of faith will be.
But it does tell me I need to pray for these young ones and their parents, and for the churches that are nurturing their relationship with God and preparing them for these future days.

Lord, prepare our hearts for such a day when children will be instrumental in the battle between good & evil.



"The Lord says, 'I will make an agreement with these people. I promise that my Spirit and my words that I give you will never leave you. They will be with your children and your grandchildren. They will be with you now and forever.'" Isaiah 59:21

The Lord says, "I will make you wise. I will show you where to go. I will guide you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

1 comment:

  1. I attended the "Encounter" worship time at VCC last evening, and there were a few young people there who participated, clearly engaged in the worship with a freedom that is rare to see, even sharing what they believed they were hearing from the Lord when the opportunity was given, and praying for people. It was so precious to see, and to be blessed by their gifts, which I hate to miss out on when the youth are relegated just to their own service, which isn't in itself a bad thing, but I long to see more of that cohesion among the family of God across generations ~ we need each other, the depth that God has instilled of different gifts, different ages, different perspectives, from Him!

    ReplyDelete