Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fear Not: The Lord Confides


I'm intrigued...
by how many people are telling me they also sense God urging them to prepare for something that's coming...some are planting veggies and storing food, too. Hmmmm.


To Fear & To Fear Not!
OK, so a piece of what's happening now is a fear battle.

As the world around us gets wackier and He leads us into these new thoughts and actions, I believe he's drawing us into a deeper level of knowing and fearing Him. . . and at the same time admonishing us to "fear not"!


FEAR NOT:
The Lord made it very clear to me that worry has no place in anticipating what is coming and what God is doing.
~ Hoarding thoughts tempt me.
Then thoughts of rotting manna come to mind. I'm trying to lean into the truth that God will supply my daily needs.
~ Holding on to money seems wise. Yet He's putting situations before me that call for generosity. Hmmmmm.

We, his people, are assured that He is going about his business and we can trust Him. Fear will undermine.



FEAR OF THE LORD:
We may be entering into a season of spiritual "shock and awe".
God is revealing to us more of who he is. He's moving us into levels of respect and obedience that seem radical. Even crazy.
~ We will be in awe of him.
~ We will grow in our worship and dependence.
~ We will partner in His purpose as it unfolds.

We are to seek Him more.


I happened upon some scriptures recently that are worth checking out:

Ezekial 11:19-20: "I will give them a desire to respect me completely. I will put a new way to think inside them. I will take out the stubborn heart like stone from their bodies. Then I will give them an obedient heart of flesh." New Century Version

Psalm 25
(spotlight v. 14 -- "The Lord confides in/tells his secrets to those who fear/respect him; he makes his covenant/agreements known to them."
NIV/New Century Version

Isaiah 42 (spotlight v. 8-9 -- "I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not give my glory to another or my praise to idols. See, the former things have taken place, and new things I declare; before they spring into being I announce them to you." NIV

Psalm 91 (spotlight v. 2 -- "I will say of the Lord, 'He is my place of safety and protection. You are my God, and I trust you.'" New Century Version


The Lord, in his goodness and mercy, is confiding in his sons and daughters -- preparing us and giving us opportunities to bring His impact onto the scene.
We have growing opportunity to partner more closely in what He is doing.
We have nothing to fear. Hmmmmm.

Hope something there encourages you, too.
He is able~!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment